Asana Lodge offers a bespoke residential programme for drug and alcohol rehab in Welwyn Garden. If you’re among those seeking freedom from addiction, then our tranquil and supportive centre will be ideal for you.
Drug and alcohol addiction comes in many different forms. Different substances have different characteristics, while the causes of addiction can also vary greatly. This means there’s no ‘silver bullet’ solution. That’s why we listen to each individual’s needs and develop treatment programmes especially designed to treat them.
Simply contact one of our team today and find out how we can provide you with the best chance of becoming addiction-free.
Is it time for rehab?
For some the idea of entering rehab is scary. While others wrongly believe it’s akin to admitting defeat. But there’s absolutely no shame in reaching out for help. It’s an essential first move towards winning the battle.
Once an individual becomes addicted to a substance, it becomes very hard to stop. That’s because substances alter the chemical make up of your brain. The same processes that make human beings motivated for success (earning money, providing food, gaining ‘status’) are suddenly rerouted towards consuming the addictive substance.
In other words: maintaining the drink or drugs habit becomes the most important thing in your life. Family, friends, work, finances and health all take secondary importance to the habit.
But it’s never too late to seek drug and alcohol rehab in Welwyn Garden. If you’re among those who have been brought low by addiction, then now’s the time to seek help. Simply call us or use the online chat service.
The symptoms of addiction
The physical and psychological symptoms of addiction can vary greatly but may include:
- Obsessive thoughts and feelings
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Self-harm and/or suicidal thoughts
- Difficulty sleeping
- Heavy sweating
- Heart palpations
- Weight loss
- Increased tiredness
The long-term diagnosis for addiction can be worse still. Lung disease, heart disease, vein and artery damage, and ultimately death are a possibility.
But there are also other implications outside of personal health. It may cause a breakdown in relationships with family and friends. Meanwhile, your performance at work may suffer or there may be other financial implications. Joblessness and ultimately homelessness are also made increasingly possible.
It’s important to remember that it’s never too late to seek drug and alcohol rehab in Welwyn Garden. However, the earlier you seek help, the better the chance of recovery.
What should I expect from drug and alcohol rehab in Welwyn Garden?
There are a wide range of services offering drug and alcohol rehab in Welwyn Garden. They include:
- One-to-one counselling sessions with an addiction specialist
- Drop-in group sessions with other addiction sufferers
- Residential rehab centres offering 24/7 support
Each of these services offering useful support, but residential rehab is proven to offer the best chance of a successful outcome. This is because you are offered a structured programme in a clean, comfortable environment away from the situations which are likely to lead to relapse.
At Asana Lodge you are provided with a programme specially tailored to your situation. This takes into account your full personal circumstances and the specific nature of your addiction.
When you first attend rehab, you will have a one-to-one session with a clinical psychologist. This provides the opportunity to talk freely about all the issues surrounding your addiction in a confidential setting. Based on this consultation, the clinical team can design a treatment programme which tackles the addiction and all the underlying causes behind it.
This is what’s known as a ‘holistic’ approach. It’s not just tackling one element of the addiction, it tackles all the causal factors in numerous ways.
The treatments on offer may include:
- Counselling: One-to-one sessions with a psychologist can help you better understand the addiction and how best to overcome it.
- Detoxification: This is the process by which you gradually shift from being substance dependent to being free of it altogether. A detox needs to be carefully managed so that potentially harmful withdrawal symptoms are avoided.
- Conscious relaxation: Simple relaxing activities can help during the detox process and beyond. This may include meditation techniques such as simple breath awareness. The ability to relax the body and mind is an important part of good health in general.
- CBT: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a means of taking control of your thoughts and emotions. Unhelpful thoughts and feelings often drive people towards substance abuse. So, if you can learn to master them it puts you on the path to greater self-control and long-term abstinence.
- Physical activities: Light exercise may be prescribed during your stay. It helps boost the production of happy hormones, such as dopamine, in a healthy way. The result is that you’ll be feeling more positive and energised.
This is just a selection of possible treatments that might be offered as part of your rehab programme at Asana Lodge. It’s also important to note we also take care of all the cooking and cleaning so that you can focus solely on the activities that will get you clean.
As you can see, it’s all about strengthening the mind, body and soul so that you are given the tools to continue to stay clean long after you’ve left rehab.
Find drug and alcohol rehab in Welwyn Garden
If you’re struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, then now is the time to make a change. While accepting you have a problem is a crucial step towards recovery, reaching out for professional help is also an essential part of the journey.
Now is the time to make a fresh start in overcoming addiction. We’ll ensure you receive drug and alcohol rehab in Welwyn Garden which offers the best chance of long-term success.
We understand it’s a big decision and for some, very daunting. In order to find out more, simply contact one of our friendly team for a no-obligation chat. We’re always happy to answers any queries.