If you’re looking for effective drug and alcohol rehab in Wales, then you’ve come to the right place. No matter how difficult your battle with addiction has become, Asana Lodge offers a residential rehab service which helps you get clean in a calm and supportive environment.
Contact one of our team today and we’ll explain how the process of addiction recovery works at our treatment centre.
We understand the need to adapt any treatment to the needs of an individual. Everyone’s different.
So our holistic treatment programme’s are tailored to your particular addiction and the causal factors behind it.
If you have the will, we’ll help you find the way.
The root Causes of Addiction
Addiction has a powerful physical and psychological impact on sufferers. Some substances have a more addictive quality than others and health consequences can vary.
There are a wide range of factors which can cause someone to become addicted in the first place. Many medical practitioners refer to addiction as a disease. The description is useful because, like a disease, it’s not enough to just treat the symptoms – you also need to treat the root causes too.
The root causes of addiction can include one or more of the following:
- Environmental: Financial hardship, childhood trauma, relationship breakdowns and other life circumstances can lead someone to turn to alcohol or drugs as a crutch.
- Behavioural: The consequences of past decisions and/or actions can lead to a deep sense of regret or self-loathing which, in turn, leads to substance abuse.
- Genetic: There’s evidence to suggest that some people may have an ‘addictive nature’ due to genetic factors. For example, where one person may be able to easily stop after a couple of drinks, someone with an addictive personality will feel compelled to keep going.
An individual with addiction will have such a powerful desire to take the addictive substance that it overrides any other consideration. Even loved ones can take second place to the desire for drugs or alcohol. The same is true of finances and personal health and wellbeing – they all take secondary importance compared to the addiction.
Even though you know it’s bad for you, and the consequences will only be negative, it’s incredibly difficult to resist. That’s why getting professional help I so important. As experts in addiction recovery, we have worked with people just like you. And we know how to tailor treatments to an individuals needs.
If you want to start drug and alcohol rehab in Wales, then contact one of our team and we’ll talk you through the process.
Options for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Wales
There are a variety of services which cater for people seeking drug and alcohol rehab in Wales. They vary from:
- One-to-one meetings with counsellors
- Drop-in groups with other addiction sufferers
- Residential treatment programmes
Residential treatment programmes offer the most effective means of overcoming addiction, particularly for those with severe symptoms.
That’s because residential rehab offers 24-7 support and a structured programme which takes people on the journey from dependency to becoming clean. It all takes place in a controlled environment away from potential negative influences or situations which may cause a relapse.
Making the decision to check-in to rehab is a big one. It is a major step towards recovery in its own right. So, it’s worth knowing what to expect…
What to expect from Residential Rehab
It all begins with an initial consultation with a qualified addiction therapist or counsellor. In a relaxed environment and with complete confidentiality, you can talk freely about your substance abuse issues and all the other things going on in your life that may be contributing to it.
This initial consultation will help the therapist draw up a plan to help you overcome the addiction. It’s important that the rehab programme is designed to tackle your specific set of circumstances. This offers you the best chance of a successful outcome.
The treatment options available may include:
- A detox: An essential part of any recovery. When you begin your rehab you will, of course, still be dependent on the problem substance. A staggered detox programme gradually reduces your dependency until you are completely free of it. This is done in a safe manner so that you negate the harmful withdrawal symptoms which can occur when attempting withdrawal at home.
- One-to-one counselling: A psychotherapist will be on-hand to talk through the issues affecting your addiction, and monitor the progress you’ve been making. They’ll also help you with post-treatment recovery.
- Self-help groups: You may have the opportunity to join group sessions with other addiction sufferers. It can be very useful to hear from other people going through similar situations to your own. Feeling part of a community can also help decrease the sense of isolation and also increases your motivation to win the battle with addiction.
- Conscious relaxation: Activities may be prescribed which help bring about a sense of ease and relaxation. Anxiety and depression are common amongst addiction sufferers. Through simple meditation techniques and relaxing activities, you can experience a greater sense of calm and release.
- CBT: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a means of better understanding the patterns of thinking which lead to self-destructive behaviours and actions. By understanding and learning to alter these thoughts (and therefore the feelings they create), you’re able to make better decisions in the future. In essence, it can equip you with greater mastery over your own mind.
At Asana Lodge we provide drug and alcohol rehab in Wales which utilises a wide range of treatments backed up by clinical research.
Get started on the road to recovery
Perhaps this is the first time you’ve sought drug and alcohol rehab in Wales. Or maybe you’ve been down this road many times before.
Either way, we can help give you the best chance of a successful recovery.
While it’s never easy trying to beat addiction, with the right motivation and the right treatment, it’s possible to win the battle.
Asana Lodge specialises in helping people just like you win their battle with addiction.