Asana Lodge is dedicated to helping those people seeking drug and alcohol rehab in Oxford. From our comfortable 24/7 rehab centre, we can help those struggling with addiction break free of its grasp and lead a healthier and happier life.
We know it’s not easy. And we also know that a treatment that works for one person, may not work for another.
For that reason, our team of professionals take the time to understand the specific nature of your addiction problem and guide you through a treatment program which lends you the best chance of success.
There’s no silver bullet, but there are a wide range of techniques which can put you on the path to recovery.
How to get started with Drug and Alcohol Rehab Oxford
Making the decision to seek help is a major step on the road to drug and alcohol rehabilitation. When you first contact Asana Lodge, we take the time to listen carefully to your needs – whether it’s a meeting via phone or in-person.
By learning about your situation, we can develop a rehab program which addresses the very specific nature of your alcohol or drugs rehab requirements.
During your first appointment you will speak to a friendly and understanding treatment professional who will listen to your every word. They will also ask specific questions which will be vital for creating a tailored addiction treatment program. You will also be assigned a key worker who will help support you during your rehabilitation journey.
Here are some of the topics we explore during the first meeting:
- The addiction itself: its precise nature and the extent of your usage
- Employment circumstances: whether you’re working or not, and if so, how it’s being affected.
- Housing: do you currently have a home to go to?
- Psychological issues: either pre-existing and/or caused by the addiction.
- Physical symptoms: as above.
- Social issues: encompassing friends, family and anything else that may affect – or be affected by – your drug or alcohol dependency.
There are a variety of services offering drug and alcohol rehab in Oxford and they all have their merits. The specialist support team at Asana Lodge is committed to treating both the symptoms and the underlying causes of your addiction problems.
We have a range of specialists including: psychologists, doctors, support nurses and other clinical experts in order to assist with a wide range of complex needs.
To establish the extent of your addiction, we may ask for a urine or saliva sample. After all, it’s easy to underestimate the quantity of drugs and/or alcohol that one consumes.
With this information we are able to tailor a treatment to the individual’s needs.
You might also require a psychological assessment. With a team of qualified psychiatrists, we can provide this service in a comfortable and supportive environment.
Once again, this really helps us provide a bespoke treatment plan which addresses the full spectrum of problems an individual might have. (Of course, talking through your problems can also be therapeutic in its own right.)
How long are the Treatment Programmes?
This will vary depending on the precise nature of your drug or alcohol dependency and the various causal factors that lie behind it.
At Asana Lodge we offer a broad range of timescales for drug and alcohol rehab in Oxford. On average, the duration will range from a week to 28 days.
There’s no one time frame which works for everybody. As part of our initial assessment we will outline what we believe to the optimal time you’d need to be in rehab in order to become drug and/or alcohol free.
One of the major factors which governs this decision is the length of detox you require. As a holistic alcohol and drug rehab clinic, we understand that a detox programme is essential to take you away from dependency.
However, this has to be gradual process. Exactly how gradual will depend on the severity of your substance abuse problem. This is known as ‘tapering’. It’s the step-by-step process by which you take less and less of the harmful substance until you get to the point of being completely free.
The purpose is to negate the harmful withdrawal symptoms that can occur during an unsupervised substance detox. There are other ways that we can alleviate withdrawal symptoms. One is through diet.
By giving you a well-balanced and nutritious diet, we can help speed up the process by which harmful toxins are removed from your body. This is why we have a professional chef on-premises to cook your meals every day.
As well as providing you with healthy sustenance, this also removes the burden of having to organise and cook your own meals. The result is that you are able to focus your energies single-mindedly on your own recovery.
Aside from meals, we may also prescribe vitamins and minerals which also help lessen withdrawal symptoms.
At Asana Lodge, the treatment programme we provide is truly holistic. In essence, that means we employ a range of treatment techniques and approaches designed to maximise your chances of a successful recovery.
Other aspects of our Holistic Drug and Alcohol Rehab Programme may include:
- Meditation/relaxation: Once aligned with spiritualism, in fact meditation is a medically proven method of alleviating a wide range of physical and psychological maladies. A study by Harvard found that clients suffering from depression, anxiety and chronic pain benefited from meditation practices.
- Medication substitution: Addiction to illicit drugs may require us to provide a substitute up until you become drug-free. For example, methadone is often used as a substitute for a heroin addict.
- Group therapy: We may encourage you to meet with a group of fellow sufferers. This sense of community can help strengthen a sense of purpose and resolve. It’s reassuring to know you’re not alone.
- Psychological and emotional therapy: such as CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) can help individuals build their mental resilience and give them the tools to stay clean post-treatment.
Book in for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Oxford
Contact us today and find out how the supportive team at Asana Lodge can give you the care and treatment service you need